Friday, May 16, 2008

Final Day of Work - Amber-Michele Douglas





Once the rain subsided, I tackled the siding again. I did not want to leave until it was done, but with the weather, we were not able to complete the task. The family who would own the home came today as well to put in their Sweat Equity hours. I was able to speak with the kids that would occupy the home and they were soooooo excited! The daughter was eager to paint and the son wanted to hurry and get started hammering. Because the home was not complete, we did not do an official ceremony, however we did do a mini-one with the family. The ceremony was so emotional when I was asked to speak I couldn’t get the words together. Anyone who knows me knows it is NEVER hard for me to speak, so I am sure you can imagine how I felt at this time. I didn’t want to leave.





Thanks again to all that supported me in this endeavor and I am so looking forward to next year!



AMBER-MICHELE DOUGLAS

No comments: