Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day Four of Work - Amber-Michele Douglas

Well as you can see from the above postings, weather was definitely a challenge for us today! I decided I would attempt to install siding. While it may have seemed to be a simple task, I learned the siding has to be even all around the home. Measurements had to be exact and most pieces had to be special cut. I had a nice time today because it gave me a chance to meet more volunteers that were working on the house. I met quite a few interesting characters and made new friends.


Closing Ceremonies were tonight. As I entered to ballroom, I noticed Fred Brewer, our liaison between Habitat and PG&E. I stood in the back with him and chatted until I heard an uproar in the front of the room. He said, “Oh, Jimmy Carter must have just walked in.” I darted away from Fred just to see if I could get a close look at him. By the time I made it to the front, I didn’t see Mr. Carter so I assumed I missed him. Not the case at all, I was sitting TWO ROWS IN FRONT OF HIM! As he walked from the stage I snapped a few good shots of he and Mrs. Carter. The ceremonies were very nice! Videos of the week were played and the announcement for next years Carter Build location were announced




AMBER-MICHELE DOUGLAS

No comments: